Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Countdown to Knitmas! Day 7: Christmas Gifts to Knit for Kids

Today I want to talk about cute, fun, and quick gifts to knit or crochet for the kids in your life! No kid is dying for a new pair of socks or a sweater, but how about a toy?? There are so many patterns out there for knitted and crocheted toys, and I thought I'd share some of the ones I've made with you and link to some of my other favorites!


Here we have Pasha, who I knit for a good friend of mine who collects penguins. The free pattern for Pasha is from Knitty.com, and can be found here.


Sheldon is another free pattern from Knitty.com, complete with removable shell! I knit him for my fiance James, who has a things for all things scaley and reptilian.


A couple of years ago I crocheted this cute kitty from this Japanese pattern that has been updated in English. You can find the pattern for "Amineko" here.


Bubby is another one from Knitty.com that is so fun and quick to knit up, he's quite small when he's finished, so he'd make a great stocking stuffer!

The last one I have to show you is Stegs, who is so cute! Make her pink for a girl, or a more traditional dino color for a boy!

For other cute toy patterns, be sure to check out Ravelry.com, where I'm sure you can find anything your heart desires! Here's a few of my favorites.


Hopefully I've provided you with some inspiration! Have a fun day, everyone, and I'll see you on the 9th!
<3: Kaity

No comments: