Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fall Sweaters

I thought I'd do a post today about samples here in the store (both new ones and not-so-new ones) that would be good to knit for the upcoming seasons! It should be getting cold soon (hopefully!), and I know I'm wishing that it would start feeling like Fall already, I want to be wearing a wool sweater in front of a fire place while sipping hot cocoa!

This cute pullover is knitted in Rowan Silk Twist, and the pattern is in "Silk Twist Classics". I love the neckline and the fold-over collar. It reminds me of something a ballerina would wear over her tutu, but it's also a good, simple sweater to throw on over a t-shirt and jeans as an everyday kind of sweater!


This cardigan is knitted in a new yarn from Nashua called Isabella, a wool/silk blend, and the pattern is in the pattern book for this yarn. I loved this sweater right when it came in, I especially like that cable panel! It has no closure so you could wear it open and easy, or you could pin it closed, maybe with a cute shawl pin? It's a great transitional garment, because the wool makes it warm, but the silk keeps it light and drapey!

I think this tunic is so cute, and it would be fun to knit to! Its knitted in Rowan Cocoon, a wool/mohair blend, and the pattern is in the Cocoon Collection book.

This adorable vest is knitted in a new yarn from Berroco, called Borealis, an acrylic/wool blend in a beautiful array of colors! The pattern is in the pattern book written for this yarn, along with a number of other cool projects! My favorites are Dors, Boyd, and Outre.


This cute sweater is knit from Berroco Lustra, a Wool and Tencel blend, which makes it warm, but with a great sheen! I love that flattering Deep V-neck, and the cute ruffles! The pattern is the cover sweater from the pattern book for this yarn.

This little layer is knitted in a favorite yarn, Plymouth Encore! It would be a fast, affordable project, and great for days when you just need a little something to take the chill away!
Come on in and check out these cute knits for yourself, and try them on, too! Keep an eye open for new samples, we should be getting some new ones in soon.

No comments: