Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Gender Neutral Baby Knits

There comes a time in every knitter or crocheter's life that they have to make a baby gift, but the parents have decided to wait and be surprised to see if it's a boy or a girl. This posses a few questions; what color do I knit? Is this pattern to girly? Can girls wear blue, too? How do you go about this?

My sister-in-law is pregnant (yay!) and her and my brother are planning on being surprised, but I just want to:
Baby knits are so fun! They are small and fast to knit, not to mention the cutest things to ever fall off your needles! Today I want to share with you a few patterns that I've found that I think are neutral enough that either a girl or boy could wear them, depending on the color.

Speaking of color, what color yarn do you use when the baby is a surprise? Here are my favorites:
All colors pictured are Spud and Chloe Sweater
Top Row: Splash, Beluga, Grass
Bottom Row: Toast, Pollen, Firefly

And now, onto the patterns!

Classic little cardigans with a sweet little pocket, either shaped like leaves or not, and optional elbow patches. Could it get any cuter??

Fun to knit in garter stitch and stripes, and perfect for babies in warmer climates because of the cute short sleeves/

This crocheted and lined coat is SO CUTE! Especially in gray, it's prefect for a boy or girl, so chic!

Look at the little elephants! If you want to change it up, the pattern comes with blank yoke charts so you can make whatever design you want!

I haven't even mentioned blankets, hats, or booties, all great ideas for surprise babies. Let me know how you go about knitting for a surprise baby? Any tips? Comment below and let me know!

Happy Baby Knitting!
-Kaity

1 comment:

TPOD said...

This is perfect! Thanks!!