Friday, January 21, 2011

Super Quick Project Alert!

With one skein of a super soft and fun Malabrigo yarn called "Rasta", some big ol' needles, and about an hour or two, you can make this cool, stylish cowl. I cast on for mine last night, bound off this morning, and I wore it to work today! The pattern is a free Ravelry download. Here's the details so you can make one of your own:
Yarn: Malabrigo Rasta, One skein in color #863 "Zarzamora"
Needles: US Size 17, 24" long circular
Pattern: Marian by Jane Richmond (Ravelry Link)
The only modifications I made was I used a size 17 needle, where the pattern calls for a size 19 (because a 17 was all I could find!), and I cast on 55 instead of 45 to make it a little longer and to accommodate for my smaller needles, and I just knit until I ran out of yarn. The pattern has an option to add a twist to the cowl to make it a fake moebius, which I did too.
I loved making this cowl, and I'm loving wearing it, too! Come on in and pick out a pretty color of Rasta to make one of your own.

No comments: