Tuesday, March 20, 2012

What to knit, what to knit...

Hey everyone, Kaity here! If you came to our "Ewe-Niversity" and took some classes, you got one skein of Tahki Cotton Classic in your goody bag. I took it as a challenge to see what I could knit with just one little skein of this great yarn, and I found the cutest pattern on Ravelry called "Summerlin".

You knit the bodice, and then sew a little skirt to attach to the bottom, and it turns out so cute! I had this little piece of fabric in my sewing stash that matched, so I made the Apron Top version of the pattern, but there is another option in the pattern for a dress that uses a little more fabric.

I'd like to knit this again and make the longer version, because these are so cute, and fast to knit! You can easily knit the bodice in one sitting, and the sewing doesn't take much time at all. You can attach it to the top with your sewing machine, or hand sew it on, which I may do for the next one I make.

So, one skein of yarn will make the bodice (I could probably get two more of the smallest size out of the ball I have leftover), and a little bit of cute fabric (good news: we have a quilt store right next door to us!) and maybe a little ribbon to finish it off, super cute!

No comments: