Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What to Knit (or Crochet) for Dad

Hey everyone! Last post was all about Mother's Day, today's will be for the dads! Father's Day is June 17th, which gives you plenty of time to whip up a quick gift for your dad, husband, grandpa, father-in-law, whoever! I've collected a couple of ideas for things you could make, and all are free patterns I found on Ravelry. Let's get started!

First up we have socks! These lovely socks are a free pattern from Knitty.com called the "Java Socks". These are knit with Lorna's Laces Shepherd sock, which we have in the store, but you could use any sock yarn you like!

A Kindle Cozy, for the dad who likes to read! This looks like a fun pattern to knit, and you could make it in your dad's two favorite colors, or maybe school colors??

Here's a quick one if you are running out of time to crochet: an iPhone cover! I like this pattern, it looks nice and manly!

Check out this cool Shifter Knob cover! I know my brother would love one of these for his truck, and you could change up the design to add anything you like, but personally, I like the skulls!

A beer bottle cozy! This is smart, because you don't need a coaster!

And of course, there's always the old go-to for Father's Day gifts, a tie! I like this pattern, choose a self striping sock yarn and let it do the work for you!

Well, I hope I gave you some ideas on what to make for your dad this year! My dad usually gets a hat, but maybe I'll change it up this year and go with one of these ideas!
-Kaity

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What GREAT project ideas! Thank you so much. I think even I can whip up a bottle cozy. I will probably save the tie for later...but, awesome ideas. :)