Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Quirky Home

Browsing through Ravelry, a knitter can find tons of cute patterns for things for your home, stuff like throws and afghans, pillows, etc, but I always tend to find myself drawn to the more quirky things to decorate my house with. Today I want to share with you some non-traditional knitting patterns to spice up your home decor! Let's jump right in!

Puff Daddy by Anna & Heidi Pickles:

I love this giant knitted puff! Use it as a foot stool or additional seating, I bet it knits up super quick! It uses 3 strands of a Super Bulky yarn held together and size 19 needles. This would be great in something like Encore Mega!

Knitted Lace Jewelry Frame by Jennifer Hansen:

How cute is this little Jewelry organizer? It's basically a framed piece of knitted lace to hang earrings and such from, I think it would make a great last-minute gift! Knit it up in any lace-weight yarn, like Brown Sheep Legacy Lace or Filatura di Crosa Nirvana. Come to think of it, I've always wanted to knit some beautiful lace swatches and frame them to hang, but would only I appreciate it as art? Hmm...

Furniture Feet by Harpa Jónsdóttir

I have friends who live in a top-floor apartment, and always have to be careful about their chair's feet screeching on the floors so they don't bug their neighbors, I might have to make them a set of these for Christmas... Cute idea, huh?

Crochet Votive Cover by NW Nature Nut:

I think these votive covers are so lovely! Perfect as part of your Holiday decoration! They are so pretty and glowy when the candle inside is lit.

Knitted Bunting Flags by Green Mountain Mama:

I seriously love the look of bunting! I made yards and yards of it for my wedding (although I didn't knit my bunting, that would have taken way to long!!). This would be adorable decorating a little girl's room! You could write anything you'd like onto them, like a name or encouraging word, or just leave them blank.


The cutest bath toys/washcloths ever! What kid wouldn't want to take a bath with these little dudes? 

All of these patterns I've shown you today are free, so take a look at them! What are your favorites?

Thanks for reading!
-Kaity <3

No comments: