Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Locally Made Alpaca Yarn, and new things from Rowan

Hi everyone! We have some cool new things in at the shop that I'd like to share with you! First up is something that I'm really excited about!

From Anacapa Knits
You are looking at some beautiful 100% Alpaca goodness that we have from Near Sawrey Farm Alpacas in Somis, CA. Their little alpaca friends get their coats sheared every winter, and then their fleeces are mill spun into light, medium, and bulky weight yarns, which we have here at the shop for you to buy!

From Anacapa Knits
It's really soft, really good stuff, I think I need to take a skein home with me to make a hat for my dad for a Christmas present!

Next up, something new from Rowan: Kidsilk Creation
From Anacapa Knits

From Anacapa Knits
This stuff is really cool. If you are familiar with  "Flounce" or "Triana", It's a similar idea, where you knit into the yarn itself to make a fun scarf:
From Anacapa Knits

From Anacapa Knits
The same base yarn as Kidsilk Haze, but now in stripes! Rowan has a free pattern on their website for a scarf knit in this yarn, check it out.

No comments: