Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Week 17 of 52: The 56 [48] Stitch Hat



So, I am a few days behind (now way behind, actually). It took every minute available to get Vogue Knitting booth ready and I cast on this hat on our way to our first full day in the market place. This week's pattern is based on my 56 Stitch Hat. I had it most of the way done in the hour that it took to drive to Century City, but I could tell that I was being punished for not swatching - it was huge. So, the initial cast on became a very large swatch - 2.25 sts/in. - and the pattern was altered to the 48 Stitch Hat (even faster). Stay tune for a surprise this Friday to makeup for the lateness of this pattern.
Week of September 23 to 29:
Project: The 56 Stitch Hat by Anne Lecrivain-Cozzoli
Yarn: Berroco Sundae (62 yds/100g, 50% Wool, 50% Acrylic)
Needles: for 48 st version - US 15/10mm
Knitting Plan: Cast on and complete in one sitting (just about)
OR
Night 1: Cast on and work the height of the body of the hat
Night 2: Work decrease rounds.
Notes:
a) So, with my gauge change, I changed the pattern to only need 48 sts. This number is still divisible by 8 so you can follow the decreases as written.
b) Check your GAUGE! ;)
Add caption
If you are viewing this post far from driving distance from our store, then please remember that we will happily take phone orders. Here is color card. Call us @ (805) 654-9500. (There will be a postage charge for shipping.) Also, I want to mention that we have refined the 10%off sale to apply when you are buying the yarn for the featured project.
P.S. If this idea really lights you up, then you can also join a ravelry group here.

No comments: