Sunday, December 12, 2010

Countdown to Knitmas: Day 12!


One morning a few years ago, my husband woke me with the wish that he could have a Santa Hat to wear to school (he's a teacher). After the irritation of his wanting me to pull this festive accessory out of thin air faded, it became a challenge. I thought, having finished simple beanies in large gauges within an hour and a half, I could easily deliver a knitted Santa Hat during the first few hours of the school day. Google did not fail me in my challenge quest; I found a link for the 2 Hour Santa Hat. Armed with a skeins of Lamb's Pride Bulky in white and deep purple, I found myself in the school parking lot around 10 or 10:30 am delivering a completed hat. I had found a ball of purple novelty fur to add in with the white for good measure. We have many balls of bulky yarn in stock and a fair amount of furry yarns still in the sale bins.
Looking at Ravelry today to refind the knitting link, I also found a crocheted version that looks pretty speedy as well.
P.S. It is purple because that is his favorite color. ;)
From Moonlight Stitches

No comments: