Thursday, December 9, 2010

Countdown to Knitmas: Day 9!

Today I want to share with ya'll one of our shop favorite patterns, and one of my personal favorites! The Multi-directional Scarf, © 2003 Karen Baumer.


This free pattern doesn't look like much on the page, but It knits up into the cutest scarves that look intricate and difficult to knit, but secretly, it's super easy! If you can knit, increase, and decrease, you can make this scarf with ease!


Pictured are a couple that have been hanging out around the shop. The one on the left was knit out of Noro Silk Garden, the one on the right out of Artyarns Silk Rhapsody. And the one in the middle is one I'm working on right now! I'm making it for a Christmas gift out of one skein on Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in "Calumet". Variegated and self striping yarns are the best for this scarf, because it shows off the different directions that your stitches travel!

Not only is this pattern really fun to knit, it knits up pretty quick, too! I started my scarf last night and it's already about 28 inches long, which is good news because I still have 3 more Christmas presents to knit!!

No comments: