Thursday, December 20, 2012

Countdown to Knitmas: Day 20!

Today, you get some quotes about knitting, which I always find fun to read! Do you have any favorites that I missed, I love to hear them! Post them as a comment!

“Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either.”
― Elizabeth Zimmerman

“Letting go is the lesson. Letting go is always the lesson. Have you ever noticed how much of our agony is all tied up with craving and loss?”
Susan Gordon Lydon, The Knitting Sutra: Craft as a Spiritual Practice 

“I will continue to freak out my children by knitting in public. It's good for them.”
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, At Knit's End: Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much 

 “And in the act of making things, just by living their daily lives, they also make history. Knitting is clothing made in spare moments, or round the fire, whenever women gathered together... It's something to celebrate-clothes made in love and service, something women have always done.”
Anne Bartlett, Knitting


“Sometimes, people come up to me when I am knitting and they say things like, "Oh, I wish I could knit, but I'm just not the kind of person who can sit and waste time like that." How can knitting be wasting time? First, I never just knit; I knit and think, knit and listen, knit and watch. Second, you aren't wasting time if you get a useful or beautiful object at the end of it. I will remember that not everyone understands. I will resist the urge to ask others what they do when they watch TV.
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, At Knit's End: Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much
“When you knit, if you get something wrong and keep knitting, then when you discover it, you have to rip out all those rows of stitching to go back and fix it, Life is like that. Sometimes, it has to rip out all the stitches to go back and fix what's wrong.”
Lani Diane Rich, The Fortune Quilt  

Happy Knitting!
<3: Kaity