Monday, December 2, 2013

Countdown to Knitmas: Day 2!

I hope that your favorite Christmas tunes are blaring in your cars and homes, as have been in mine since a little before turkey o'clock at my abode.

One of the highlights at our house is the opening of the Lego and Trader Joe's Advent calendars. I am always wishing for one with treats for me. This jar of fun looks like just the thing to get my holiday fiber festivities rolling. Last Advent, this cute countdown tutorial was given life at the blog Poppytalk. Those are little felt balls in there and they give you detailed instructions on assembly.
DIY: Advent in a jar + free template! There are not details on how to make the felt balls, though. For that tidbit, you can turn to this tutorial from the blog NaughtsandCrosses.

I was playing with the roving we have in stock and daydreaming about fun color palettes -


When you are done with this fun, you can then try out needlefelted toys and designs to use up what remains of your roving. (Or make a second one for someone else in need of an advent calendar.)

Happy Holiday Needling,
Anne

No comments: