Saturday, December 13, 2014

Countdown to Knitmas - Day 13

With the big day getting closer and closer, I thought I'd share with you all some ideas I found on Pinterest for gifty or decorative things you can make with your big stash of yarn (I know you have one!) that aren't necessarily knitted or crocheted!

Make a Surprise Ball!

A cute (and slightly annoying!) way to wrap little items! Instructions here.

Yarn Wrapped Ombre Monogrammed Letter:
Pick out a couple colors of yarn that go together and wrap them around a big wooden letter (you can find these at most craft shops). Get the DIY here.

Pom Pom Flower Arrangement:
I think this is so cute! You all probably know how I feel about Pom Poms, and this is such a cute excuse to make some up. Here's the tutorial.

Braided Yarn Scarf
For a quick gift, braid up this adorable circular scarf! It's sure to be a stashbuster. Tutorial here.

No-Knit Scarf:

I think this is a pretty cool idea; you cut yarn in the length you want your scarf to be, and run it through your sewing machine at different intervals to stitch it together. Fast and easy! Click here to see how it's done.

Pom Pom Pens:

MORE POM POMS! Wrap some yarn around a pen and top it with a pom pom, cute and quick stocking stuffers! Learn more here.

Yarn Wrapped Pipe Cleaners:
Create some wall art by wrapping leftover bits of yarn around pipe cleaners. Tutorial here.