Friday, December 9, 2011

Countdown to Knitmas: Day 9! Utilizing Ravelry

Hi guys! Today I want to help you out with a great tool that you can use to organize your gift knitting, Ravelry.com. I know that most of you are already on Ravelry, but if there are some of you out there that aren't, what are you waiting for?!

Today I'm going to show you my favorite aspect of Ravelry, pattern searching and organizing! Follow along with the pictures, and click on them to see them larger.

So, let's say you want to find a pattern for a Christmas Ornament. Let's start under the "patterns" tab.
Click on the "pattern browser & advanced search" link to start.


Then, you can use the filters on the left side to choose what you want. For our example, I clicked on "Home" under Category, chose "Decorative" and clicked on "Hanging Ornament". There are many other filters you can choose from, like filtering it so it only shows you free patterns, or crochet patterns, etc.

Yay! We've found a pattern! Now, let's "Favorite" it so we can find it again! On the top right, click on "Add to Faves", then tag it as something. I chose "Christmas2011" as my tag, but you can write in anything you want that makes sense to you. I have a bunch of little things I want to knit for gifts in my faves that I've used that same tag for.

Now, click on "My Notebook" at the top of the page and go to your favorites.
On the left side you'll see an list of your tags (if you can't tell, I have a Lot of tags!), and you can see our "Christmas2011" tag. Give that a click.

And here you can see all of my things tagged "Christmas2011". I love using tags and favorites, because it makes it so easy to organize the things I want to make! I have tags for different people's names, or just basic tags like "hat" or "cardigan". 

I hope this helps you in your quest! Have a great time searching and favorite-ing!
<3: Kaity

No comments: